Fix: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing on Windows 7, 8 and 10
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is an essential file for the Windows operating system. It is used to extract various resources for third-party applications. It is linked to the C++ programming language. Missing the file means that the programs which are running in this language won’t launch successfully as they won’t find the required file.
There are various fixes for this problem. We can try reinstalling the C++ redistributable packages. Start with the first solution and work your way down. After performing each solution, you should try running the application. If it still doesn’t work, try reinstalling it. Do note that these solutions work for almost all versions of Windows.
Note: Do not attempt to download the .dll file from any external website and replace it. The source isn’t approved and they may contain malware. Follow the methods listed below.
Solution 1: Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is an essential file for the Windows Operating System. If api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, you won’t be able to launch games as explained in the introduction. To replace the missing file, we can download the whole redistributable package and install it. Do note that you should always avoid downloading .dll files from the internet from non-official websites. They may be infected with malware and virus and can infect your computer easily.
- Head over to the official Microsoft download page.
- Click the Download button after selecting the language.
- Select “vredist_x64.exe” and press Next. Soon after the download will commence. Save the file in an accessible location and run the file.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer and check if the problem is solved.
Note: If you are using 64 bit Windows, you can install both (vredist_x64.exe and vredist_x86.exe). However, if you have 32 bit, you should only install “vredist_x86.exe”. You can check which version of Windows you have by press Windows + S, type “system information” and open the application which comes forth.
Extended Solution 1: Users Who Have Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Already Installed
If you already have the package installed on your computer, you might experience an error window similar to the one below. In this case, we need to uninstall the already installed package and then install it again using the 1st solution.
Note: This solution is not meant for users who don’t have the package already installed on their computers.
Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run application. Type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- You will be redirected to a module belonging to the control panel where all the applications installed on your computer will be listed. Right-click on the package and select “Uninstall”. Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart your computer and perform solution 1 again.
Note: If after performing these steps, another error pops up while installing, uninstall Visual C++ and try the method again. It seems that the application conflicts with the software package we are trying to install.
Solution 2: Update Your Windows
Since the missing file is part of Windows, we can try performing Windows update. If you have disabled them, we strongly recommend that you enable and perform the latest update. Updates not only consist of the latest bug fixes but also fixes for problems like these.
- Press the Windows + S button to launch your start menu’s search bar. In the dialogue box type “Windows update”. Click the first search result which comes forward.
- Once in the update settings, click on the button which says “Check for updates”. Now Windows will automatically check for updates available and install them. It may even prompt you for a restart.
- After updating, check if your issue got fixed.
Solution 3: Run System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is a utility present in Microsoft Windows which allows the users to scan their computers for corrupt files in their operating system. This tool has been there in Microsoft Windows since Windows 98. It is a very useful tool for diagnosing the problem and checking if any problem is due to corrupt files in windows.
We can try running SFC and see if our problem gets solved. You will get one of the three responses when running SFC.
- Windows didn’t find any integrity violations
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run application. Type “taskmgr” in the dialogue box and hit Enter to launch your computer’s task manager.
- Now click on File option present at the top left side of the window and select “Run new task” from the list of options available.
- Now type “PowerShell” in the dialogue box and check the option underneath which states “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
- Once in the Windows Powershell, type
og trykk Enter . Denne prosessen kan ta litt tid ettersom hele Windows-filene dine skannes av datamaskinen og blir sjekket for korrupte faser.
- Hvis du støter på en feil der Windows oppgir at den fant en feil, men ikke klarte å fikse dem, bør du skrive
sfc / verifiser bare
Vent nå til prosessen er fullført.
- Hvis du fremdeles ikke klarer å reparere de korrupte filene, kjører du DISM-kommandoen
DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
i den forhøyede PowerShell. Dette vil laste ned de korrupte filene fra Windows-oppdateringsserverne og erstatte de korrupte. Vær oppmerksom på at denne prosessen også kan ta litt tid i henhold til internettforbindelsen din. Ikke avbryt på noe tidspunkt og la det gå.
Hvis en feil ble oppdaget og løst ved hjelp av metodene ovenfor, start datamaskinen på nytt, installer programmet på nytt og sjekk om det starter riktig.
Merk: Du bør også sjekke for å avinstallere applikasjonen du prøver å kjøre etter hver løsning. Du kan gjøre det ved å følge den samme metoden som er oppført i utvidet løsning 1. Den eneste forskjellen er at du avinstallerer applikasjonen i stedet for pakken som beskrevet.
Hvis ingenting har fungert for deg så langt, kopier deretter nevnte DLL- fil fra en annen fungerende datamaskin. Men sørg for at den bruker samme Windows-versjon og arkitektur, dvs. 32-biters eller 64-biters.
Plasseringen av nevnte DLL vil være
C: \ Windows \ System32
C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64